The second health survey began in 2017.
Participants in the initial study will be informed about the second study in order of the year of their participation.
Participation in the second health survey will allow the IMM to compare a participant’s current health status to his or her previous health status. This offers participants a chance to re-examine their health.
In addition,the IMM will be able to analyze the association between changes in health and the development of illness.
Plans are to follow the same format as in the baseline survey.
- Blood and urine collection
- Questionnaires on health and lifestyle (3 forms)
- Physiological testing (action of the heart, arteriosclerosis, visceral fat, testing for osteoporosis, etc.) at a satellite office
Participants will be informed of their test results and what those results mean.
- Sites where individuals receive a health check-up Municipal health checkup sites (except in some instances)
- Satellite offices
- Yahaba Center (Iwate Medical University,Yahaba campus, Center for Research and Training on Community Health Services during Disasters, 1st fl.)
- Kuji Satellite office (Kuji City Hall Annex, 3rd fl.)
- Miyako Satellite office
- Kamaishi Satellite office
- KesenSatellite office (Sumita Community Care Center (affiliated with Iwate Prefectural Ofunato Hospital), 2nd fl.)
- KesenSatellite office, Ofunato Health Survey Site (formerly Ofunato Fire Station)